Search This Blog

Thursday, March 1, 2018

Magical March

I love all of the adorable leprechaun activities in March.  When I was in the classroom, and now at home with my kiddos, I love to have the leprechauns come visit and leave their trail for the morning of St. Patricks Day.  They usually cause a little chaos, leaving green footprints and gold glitter along the way.  Sometimes they even leave little notes to some hidden treasure.  Other times they turn the milk green or leave some leprechaun lemonade.  How do you like to celebrate?  
Get the Pre-Primer Dolch version here for just $1

For a little twist this year, I wanted to add in a rainbow and unicorn activity to make March even more magical.  So I created this little sight word game called Chasing Rainbows.  It is available in the Dolch word lists from Pre-Primer up to 3rd grade.  You can also get them all for a big discount by buying the bundle.  I like having the same game in different levels so that I can easily differentiate between groups, without any of the kids feeling like they missed the exciting new game that they just saw their friend playing.  
How to play:  This game is played just like Sight Word Slap.  You place the unicorns on the fly swatters.  Then you lay out all of the rainbow sight words face up.  Then you read a word out loud.  The first player to swat (aka catch) that rainbow gets to keep it in their pile.  The player with the most rainbows at the end of the game wins.  This game is a great reward at the end of reading groups.  It can also be played with a parent volunteer or as an indoor recess activity.  It is played with 2-6 players. 
 



I have added a few March freebies to my shop.  I hope you love them!  I feel so lucky that amazing teachers like you are choosing to use my resources to help keep learning fun!  
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Digraphs-Read-and-Write-the-Room-Freebie-3692174

Click the pictures to download.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/March-Writing-Pages-Freebie-3693923




8 comments:

  1. The bright colors are amazing! I love the unicorns and rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ideas for celebrating St. Patrick's Day! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It is always so fun to see how magical it is for the kids when they see all of the crazy surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very bright and colourful to capture kids’ attention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the unicorns and rainbows! This would be great for a few of my students.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all these amazing resources! I bet the kids love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore all the unicorns! My favorite!

    ReplyDelete