Search This Blog

Friday, April 6, 2018

STEM Starters

Do you have STEM activity bins or morning tubs in your classroom?  

I love letting children learn through play and exploration.  These little STEM Starters were designed to spark ideas and encourage creativity.  No more- "I don't know what to make." Put these task cards on a ring and toss them into your STEM activity bins.  Students will have 60 choices to help give their big imaginations a boost.  These are not patterns, just ideas to get those wheels turning. 

They can be used with so many things.  Here are a few that I suggest trying them with: LEGOS, Magformers, Bunchems, PlayDoh, pattern blocks, geoboards, and building blocks. 

So many possibilities.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/STEM-Starters-Task-cards-to-inspire-creativity-3740401
With large picture clues and simple text these are appropriate for Preschool to 3rd grade.  They are naturally differentiated, because the student can make the design more simple or complex depending on their individual level.  Two students can choose the same task card and have completely different designs.  
I think these would be wonderful for morning tubs as students arrive in the morning.  They would also make an engaging early finisher activity.  
You have the option of printing them in full color or in ink-saving black and white.  I chose to use the ink-saving black and white and print on bright card stock.  I recommend laminating them for durability.  

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/STEM-Starters-Task-cards-to-inspire-creativity-3740401
Click the photos to shop. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. goodness. I am loving this idea! My first graders would love this as a Fun Friday Center or during recess. Thank you for creating!

    ReplyDelete